The US has accused Russia of using food as a ‘weapon’ in the conflict
Cover: US President Joe Biden (center), Finnish President Saul Ninisto (left) and Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Anderson at the White House on May 19, 2022. Mandel NGAN /AFP
Contributions to this live stream have been temporarily disabled.
- Moscow announced the expulsion on Thursday Five Portuguese ambassadors, In retaliation for the ten Russian ambassadors decided by Lisbon following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The Kremlin announced on Wednesday the expulsion of 34 French diplomats, 24 Italian ambassadors and 27 Spanish ambassadors.
- The Russian Defense Ministry announced on Thursday that 1,730 Ukrainian soldiers were hiding in the Azovstal steel base. Mariopol Returned since Monday. In the Luhansk region of Donbass, at least a dozen people were killed and forty injured. Siverodonetsk.
- Russia has announced that it wants to sever its relations with Ukraine. Its Zaporizhia nuclear power plantThe largest in Europe, occupied by the Russian army, unless kyiv pays Moscow for the electricity it produces.
- Ukraine’s state prosecutor’s office on Thursday demanded a life sentence – the maximum sentence. The first Russian soldier attempted war crimes in kyiv. Vadim Sichimarine, a 21-year-old uncertified officer, is accused of having shot a civilian at the end of February.
- Joe Biden hosted in Washington today. Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Anderson and Finnish President Saul NinistoBoth countries must once again demonstrate their enthusiastic support for joining the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- On Thursday evening, the American Congress ratified 40 billion dollars (0.7 to 37.7 billion) in aid to Ukraine. Within this envelope, 6 billion dollars will enable Ukraine to equip itself with armored vehicles and strengthen its anti-aircraft defences.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholes, Ukraine has stated that it is not in favor of granting A “Shortcut” Anxious to join the European Union, a “Six Western Balkan countries must be fair” Those who have long wanted.
- The big sources of money for the G7 Meeting in Germany to try to stabilize Ukraine’s finances and assess the effects of the war on the world economy: inflation is notably linked to the threat of rising energy prices, the food crisis and the threat hanging over many developing countries.
- former german chancellor Heckhard SchrderA former leader close to Vladimir Putin and holder of several mandates in Russian companies, he lost some of his advantages when he informed the budget committee of the Bundestag of the German parliament, in particular the allocation of offices.
Ciphers. Russia expels 34 French diplomats amid deadlock in Putin-Macron talks
The description. Six months of pushing Finland and Sweden into NATO hands
The description. Military aid: EU “will not destabilize Ukraine”
The description. In Russia, military offices were attacked by Molotov cocktails
The description. The rain of firebombs on the Azovstal plant was banned
Check out our live stream from yesterday In this link.