SD Game, Fish and Parks lends free life jackets
The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) would like to remind anglers and boaters that the Lifejacket Loan Program makes lifejackets available for infants to adults.
All life jackets are in good working order and approved by the US Coast Guard. These life jackets are free and can be loaned out for up to two weeks at a time. The program is designed to educate the public on the wearing and safety of life jackets and offers a way to provide life jackets to those in need. Life jackets are required by state law for every person aboard a watercraft.
Below is a list of participating PFM offices that have access to these life jackets through the program:
– Aberdeen: 605.626.2391, 5850 E. Highway 12
– Chamberlain: 605.734.4530, 1550 E King Ave.
– Pi. Pierre: 605.223.7700, 20641 SD Autoroute 1806
– Huron: 650.353.7145, 895 3rd Street SW
– Mobridge: 605.845.7814, 909 Lake Front Drive
– Rapid City (West Outer Campus), 4130 Adventure Trail
– Sioux Falls: (Outside East Campus), 4500 Oxbow Ave.
– Watertown: 605.882.5200, 400 West Kemp
– Webster: 605.345.3381, 603 E. 8th Ave.
– Adams Homestead: 605.232.0873, 272 Westshore Drive, McCook Lake
– Vermillion Lake: 605.296.3643, 26140 451st Ave, Canistota
– Lewis and Clark: 605.688.2985, 43349 SD Hwy 52, Yankton
– North Point: 605.487.7016, 38180 297th, Lake Andes
– Snake Creek: 605.337.2587, 35316 SD Hwy 44, Platte
– Newton Hills: 605.987.2263, 28767 482nd Ave, Canton
– Downstream Oahe: 605.223.7722, 20439 Marina Loop Road, Fort Pierre