Emergency Basic Needs Coordinator – UKRAINE – based in Kyiv – Ukraine
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
PUI all over the world
With 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale:
- Supports nearly 6 million beneficiaries
- With over 100 Million euros of annual budget
- Submit to 22 country, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of:
- More … than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates of 45 different nationalities
- And 90 head office employees
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and is distinguished by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams are mobilizing to provide a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises in order to help them regain autonomy and dignity.
Learn more about our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
Our mission in Ukraine has been open since 2015. PUI is developing its integrated approach with health, mental health and washing projects. In addition, PUI works to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable populations living in towns along the of the contact line in Donetsk Oblast. Today, the mission implements 3 projects.
What about the Emergency Basic Needs Coordinator in Kyiv?
As Emergency Coordinator, under the responsibility of the Head of Mission, you will be responsible for the implementation of PUI’s emergency response programs in the country.
To this end, you will be responsible for:
- Program implementation and coordination: You will coordinate and develop the emergency response in the country, directly linked to the technical, support and field coordination.
- Strategy: You will participate in the development of strategies and propose new interventions or new emergency response methods.
- Human Resources: You will organize, supervise and support teams for exploratory missions, expertise and emergency response.
- Evaluation and monitoring of the context: You will ensure a continuous analysis of the needs and the response.
- You will represent the organization and coordinate with other NGOs and external actors in the emergency response.
- Security: You will ensure the security of the supervised teams and contribute to the security management of the mission.
The challenges that await you:
1/ The mission has a new configuration since a new organization chart has just been created 2/ Ability to support the mission in this changing context in Ukraine (agility, flexibility and responsiveness) 3/ Evaluations will also be a key element of the position. 4 / The position is related to Shelter, WASH and cash transfers for individuals, households, private and public housing.
What you will need to succeed
- Coaching :You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in management of humanitarian projects. Training in health, livelihoods, agriculture or WASH and personal safety training (HEAT training) would be appreciated.
- Live : You are reinforced by a minimum of 2 years’ experience in emergency response or in a similar position in an international context. You have experience in project/humanitarian coordination. Experience in needs assessment will be an added value, as well as experience in humanitarian access strategies and negotiation. Knowledge of health programs, public health programs, public health systems and/or multi-sectoral assistance would also be appreciated. Have you ever worked with Première Urgence Internationale? That would be a definite plus!
- Skills : You master the management of the project cycle, and have a good and proven ability to build skills as well as coordination and organization skills. You have excellent writing skills and know the main humanitarian donors. You also have strong communication and negotiation skills, and an ability to work in unstable contexts. You master the use of Excel and the Office Pack.
- Qualities : You are able to work independently and take initiative and responsibility in a proactive approach. You are motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and the organization in addition to having strong commitments to humanitarian principles. You demonstrate diplomacy and open-mindedness, resilience to stress and have good analytical skills. You are organized and able to manage priorities and a varied workload. You have problem-solving and leadership skills, and are able to work and manage in a professional and mature manner. You are able to integrate into the local environment taking into account its political, economic and historical characteristics. You also have a strong resilience to stress.
- Languages : English and Ukrainian or Russian have no more secrets for you! Good, it’s mandatory for this position.
PUI offers you
Status : CDD framework
Monthly Gross Income: 2,650.00 – 3,130.00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + €50 per semester of seniority with PUI
Insurance including medical and complementary health coverage, 24-hour assistance and repatriation
Lodging in collective housing
Daily living expenses (“Per day”)
Pause policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
Paid leave policy: 5 weeks of paid vacation per year + round trip every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale considers the diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses of its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore strictly respects the principle of no discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It commits all of its staff to promoting, disseminating and respecting the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale will in no case ask for a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and do you adhere to our commitments? You feel ready to resume the challenge and join Then big family?
How to register
How to register ?
If you would like to apply, follow this link and complete the form on our career site.
Comments are closed.